Academic & Industrial Linkages
NID Madhya Pradesh is a member of:
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII): CII works closely with the stakeholders for strategizing and implementing all the Design initiatives in the country. CII Design initiatives are focused in the following areas: Competitiveness of Industry by Design-Branding/ Promotion of Design through Media, Design Education, Design for Culture, Society & Environment, and Implementation of Design Policy. CII’s last 10 year’s work in Design resulted in Government’s announcement of National Design Policy. Some of the ongoing activities are Design Clinic for MSMEs, India Design Report, India Design Resource Book, 2nd India Design Festival & 9th CII-NID Design Summit, Workshops on Blue Ocean strategy through Design thinking etc.
- World Design Organization (WDO): WDO is a globally recognized organization that aims to promote and advance the discipline of industrial design and its power to enhance economic, social, cultural and environmental quality of life. Founded in 1957, WDO services over 180 member organizations around the world, engaging thousands of individual designers through initiatives that promote ‘design for a better world’.
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU): AIU’s objective is to promote university activities, especially by way of sharing information and increasing co-operation in the field of education, culture, sports and allied areas. Since its inception, AIU is actively engaged in the growth and development of Higher Education. It evaluates the courses, syllabi, standards, and credits of foreign Universities pursued abroad and equates them in relation to various courses offered by Indian Universities. The AIU is also an implementing agency for the agreements signed under the Cultural Exchange Programmes executed between India and other countries in the field of education.
The Institute conducted symposiums under THINKIN (The flagship event brand of the Institute) on various topics related to design. A list of some of the symposia is given below:
- Symposium to map the objectives for NID MP's approach, add value to the existing curriculum and set the agenda for the proposed Masters level Program in 'Sustainability & Design’.
- Pedagogy of foundation level design teaching in the current COVID scenario, while considering future professionals of 2030s.
- Future prospects and upcoming trends of communication design with focus on Industry 4.0 and Communication Design.
- The Impact of COVID 19 in the field of Information and Communication Design industry/ academia.
- Opportunities for Industrial designers for tough time ahead.
- Impact on Industrial Design education and training in the sector.
- Changed classroom scenario and new studio learning norms.
- Key changes and challenges in Industrial design curriculum.
- Embedding advancements in Technology and Applications in delivering Industrial design programs to adapt to changed scenario.
- Technology, knowledge and experiential exposure and effects on the profile of Industrial Designer.
- Threads of hope: The future of Indian craft communities at the times of COVID 19.
- Retail sector outlook post COVID -19 (opportunities and challenges).
- The impact of coronavirus on small scale businesses (global and local context).
- Global education policies, migration, and design practices in COVID -19.
- COVID -19 an opportunity to "reset and reshape" fashion & manufacturing.
- Evolving Role of Designers in Contemporary Times.
The Institute has signed Memorandum of Understanding with the following organisations for academic collaboration:
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal.
- Foundation for Innovative Packaging and Sustainability, Mumbai.
- Grant Thornton Bharat, New Delhi
- Raja Bhoj Open University, Bhopal
- Association of All Industries, Mandideep, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technical Teachers' Training and Research, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay